Mezzanine Floor Products - Fastening Systems
I. ResinDek Top Side Drill Screws
For conventional top side screw installation, use Cornerstone Drill Screws. These screws are engineered for strength, durability and easy installation.
- Available in Collated Strips
- Stout #10 wire gauge shafts.
- #2 drill point easily pierces up to 12 gauge steel decking.
- Zinc coating for high humidity environments resists corrosion.
- Designed to drill through wood and steel decking prior to threads engaging, which prevents panels from lifting.
- Wings near top of shaft counterbore for screwheads. No countersinking or pre-drilling is required.
- Easy to drive and better tool life with #2 square drive heads.
- Color matched to ResinDek® finishes.
- Can be installed with upright screw guns.
II. Invisi-Loc® Underside Fastening System
Invisi-Loc® provides showcase mezzanine floors with no visible fasteners that are dependable, inexpensive and easy to install. They reduce installation time in drilling and eliminate metal shaving safety concerns.
The Invisi-Loc fastening system mounts fasteners under mezzanine decking hiding unsightly screw holes on top.
Invisi-Loc fasteners have been tested with over 12 years of simulated pallet jack traffic resulting in no fastener or panel failures. (Cornerstone tests were based upon 50,000 cycles/12 years of pallet jack wheel traffic at specified ResinDek® loads).
24 Invisi-Loc fasteners (see figure A) are required per 4' x 8' sheet and a standard medium duty air compressor supplies the required power.
All installation tools can be rented or purchased from Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products LLC.
Invisi-Loc® Underside Fastening System
How it Works:
Corrugated metal decking is pre-punched and B metal deck is fastened to the bar joists like other steel decking using drilling screws or welding.
During installation of mezzanine decking, ResinDek® panels are laid down with metal panel spacers. Special drill bits for pre-drilling the ResinDek® panels to the precise depth and diameter are then used to pre-drill for the Invisi-Loc fasteners. With weight applied to the top surface, the Invisi-Loc fasteners are mounted to the underside.
When installed according to Cornerstone specifications the Invisi-Loc Underside Fastening System carries a 7-year warranty.
Please contact Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products LLC for product details, warranty, tool sales, and rentals.