Dell manufacturing facility with ResinDek products installed.
ResinDek ESD provides protection for electrically sensitive devices.
ResinDek ESD is designed to exceed industry requirements for static controlled flooring, shelving and work surfaces. ESD-control programs with ResinDek ESD provides protection throughout the manufacturing, transportation and storage of sensitive devices.
ESD losses can result in any of the following:
- Lost time
- Connection down-time
- Data loss
- Shocks to personnel
- Systems upset due to reboots
- Equipment damage
Past industry studies have indicated that 30% of all electronic failures can be attributed to electrostatic damage. Vulnerability is increasing as RFID technology and smaller electronic devices emerge.
When the world's #1 direct-sale computer supplier built their 527,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in North Carolina, they selected ResinDek ESD. The flooring was further enhanced by installing the patented Invisi-Loc® underside fastening system, which hides unsightly fasteners. Invisi-Loc is an underside fastening system that secures panels underneath rather than on top to provide a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
ResinDek ESD panels have been extensively tested by the testing firm of Stephen Halperin & Associates and have been found to be in compliance with the following ANSI/ESD Association Specifications:
- ANSI/ESD S7.1 - Resistive Characterization of Materials–Floor Materials.
- ANSI/ESD S20.20 - Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment.
- ANSI/ESD STM97.1 - Floor Materials and Footwear–Resistance Measurement in Combination with a Person.
Testing Results are Summarized as Follows:
- Average point-to-point resistance = 6.6 x 106 ohms
- Average point-to-ground resistance = 7.8 x 106 ohms
- ResinDek ESD mezzanine floor panels generated less than 10 volts with static controlled footwear, and experienced a rapid voltage decay from 5,000 volts to less than 50 volts in under .50 seconds