ResinDek® Social Responsibility
At Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC® our company's foundation is built on our values, which guide our actions. We conduct our business with integrity and in an ethical and socially responsible manner. We engage in sustainable practices to protect our planet’s natural resources for future generations.
As a manufacturer of highly engineered products, we are ideally positioned to have a positive impact on an extensive scale. We utilize manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, including developing and improving operations to minimize waste, prevent water, air and other pollution, minimize safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly. We partner with companies that are actively engaged in sustainability efforts.
We are very proud that our product, ResinDek® mezzanine flooring panels:
- Meet FSC's stringent criteria to receive FSC Certification
- Contribute to LEED® credits
According to a life cycle assessment conducted by Coldstream Consulting:
- ResinDek® is a Net Energy Producer (80% more energy at end of life cycle than consumption)
- ResinDek® produces 50% LESS hydrogen ions than concrete
- ResinDek® generates 67% LESS smog than concrete
- ResinDek® is a carbon negative product since it absorbs more during its life cycle than it emits
- Installing a 50,000 sqft. mezzanine with ResinDek panels instead of concrete saves enough consumed energy and pollution produced that it is the equivalent to taking 56 cars off the road for a period of one year.