Economical Warehouse Mezzanine Floor Panel Solution
ResinDek® LD is cost-effective economical flooring for warehouses, production, and distribution centers that supports up to 2,000 lbs in live and dead pallet jack loads. ResinDek LD is a tremendous value for warehouse mezzanine floors, elevated floors or rack platforms that require durability, a showcase appearance, and ease of maintenance. With no delamination and a ten-year warranty, ResinDek LD unfinished is an economical and durable alternative to O.S.B. and plywood. Available in UF (unfinished) or with Gray Diamond Seal® 2, Gray Diamond Seal® 2 with ESD, or TriGard® with ESD.
The ¾" thick ResinDek LD engineered wood composite panel is manufactured with specially sorted and processed wood fibers, customized formaldehyde free resins, and a wax emulsifier. The ingredients are combined and compressed under extremely high pressure and temperature, resulting in a panel with superior physical properties that are especially designed and built to withstand heavy rolling cart and pallet jack loads up to 2,000 lbs.
All ResinDek® flooring panels are custom manufactured and available in sizes up to 4' x 10' (1220 mm x 3048 mm). ResinDek tongue and groove configurations promote effective panel to panel wheel load transfers. When required, tongue and groove configurations are available on all 4 sides.
ResinDek LD warehouse mezzanine floor panels have optional coatings and finishes available which you can view below. We also offer everything you will need to incorporate ResinDek LD into your facility, from our ResinDek fastening systems to corrugated metal decking. Learn how this durable yet economical warehouse mezzanine flooring meets and exceeds the high demands of some of customers by viewing our case studies. If you are ready to upgrade your facility with the economical mezzanine floor panel solution, ResinDek LD, request a quote or contact us today.
Gray Diamond Seal® 2
Gray Diamond Seal® 2 is the standard by which all other coatings in our industry are measured. This superior finish is designed and engineered for clean-ability, slip resistance, long-lasting durability, and will look beautiful with a showcase appearance year after year.
- Exceptional resistance to common stains - tested in accordance with NEMA LD 3.4 with 29 different reagents.
- Superior wear resistance – tested in accordance with Taber Abrasion ASTM D4060.
- Excellent slip resistance – tested in accordance with ASTM D2047, BS 7976-1-3:2002
- Superior scratch resistance – tested in accordance with Hoffman Scratch Hardness Tester.
- Standard with anti-static protection (also available with optional ESD, electrostatic dissipative, protection).
- Can be easily cleaned using a damp mop or standard cleaning solvents without the fear of damaging the surface.
TriGard® Coating Technology
TriGard® coating for ResinDek® panels is the solution for tomorrow's technology. TriGard® is specifically engineered and designed to handle the rigorous demands of ultra-high rolling traffic that is typically found in robotic applications. With five times greater wear resistance than Gray Diamond Seal® 2 and 3 times greater scratch resistance, TriGard® will outlast and outperform any industrial mezzanine floor coating on the market!
- Technology, Research and Innovation
- Extreme long-lasting durability
- Standard with ESD protection
- Engineered to handle extraordinarily heavy wheel load traffic
- Designed for ultra-high rolling traffic such as autonomous mobile robots (AMR) and automated guided vehicles (AGV)
MetaGard® (Patent Pending)
ResinDek flooring panels with the MetaGard surface combines the structural integrity of the ResinDek panel along with the strength and durability of a steel wearing surface. The MetaGard steel surface is fused to the ResinDek panel with a proprietary bonding agent and features an edge that encapsulates the perimeter of the panel. This creates a floor that will not delaminate, has superior physical properties, is level for rolling loads, and has no sharp edges that could cut or snag objects passing over it.
- Designed for heavy wear areas, and robotic applications (AGV and AMR), drop zones, or where heavy loads are dragged across the floor.
- The MetaGard surface is available in galvanized and stainless steel. Other steel variations may be available to fit your particular application.
- ResinDek with MetaGard has been tested per ASTM D2047 standards and has been found to meet or exceed OSHA specification for slip resistance.
- The MetaGard finish has electrostatic dissipative properties which protect sensitive electronic equip-ment from damage.
- Easier to install and less expensive than diamond plate, bar grate, and concrete
- Provides a smooth transition between ResinDek and ResinDek with MetaGard
- Improved noise abatement compared to diamond plate
For additional information on MetaGard click here
ESD - Electrostatic Dissipative Finish for Gray Diamond Seal® 2, TriGard® Coatings and MetaGard®
With our electrostatic dissipative finish, ResinDek® mezzanine floor panels with ESD provide an outstanding static control solution for electrically sensitive devices such as laptops, bar-code scanners, servo-drive motors, and pick-to-light systems that are common in distribution centers. Not only will the ESD finish eliminate expensive electronic devices downtime caused by electrostatic discharges, but it will also prevent uncomfortable static shocks to employees. ESD is standard with TriGard® and is available with Gray Diamond Seal® 2.
ResinDek® panels with ESD have been subjected to extensive independent testing, and have been found to be in compliance with the following ESD Association specifications:
- ANSI/ESD S7.1 - Resistive Characterization of Materials–Floor Materials.
- ANSI/ESD S20.20 - Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment.
- ANSI/ESD STM97.1 - Floor Materials and Footwear–Resistance Measurement in Combination with a Person.
Testing results are summarized as follows:
- Average point-to-point resistance = 6.6 x 106 ohms
- Average point-to-ground resistance = 7.8 x 106 ohms
- ResinDek® mezzanine floor panels with ESD generated less than 10 volts with static controlled footwear, and experienced a rapid voltage decay from 5,000 volts to less than 50 volts in under .50 seconds
UF provides a skid resistant surface and installs easily over corrugated metal B-decking with our recommended top side screw fastening systems. The uncoated ResinDek UF, moisture resistant flooring panel is priced competitively and will never delaminate. Plus, unlike plywood, OSB or other engineered wood products, ResinDek UF flooring panel has a 10-year product warranty.
Top Side Drill Screws
For conventional top side screw installation, use Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC® Collated Standup Screw Gun and collated drill screws. Not only will the collated screw gun save you up to 40% in fastening costs, but it will reduce installation fatigue with its ergonomic design.
The screws are engineered for strength, durability and easy installation. No coutersinking or pre-drilling is required as the wings are near the top of the shaft, which counterbore for screwheads. The number 2 square drive heads and points easily pierce up to 12 gauge steel decking and is designed to drill through wood and steel decking prior to the threads engaging, thus preventing the panels from lifting.
In addition our collated screws offer the following advantages:
- More consistent screw depth with greater control and settings
- Easy to load screw strips
- Fast and easy bit tip replacements
- Requires minimal training
- Stout # 10 wire gauge screw
- Zinc coating for high humidity environments resists corrosion
- Your choice of gray or beige drill screws
Invisi-Loc® Underside Fastening Systems
Invisi-Loc® provides showcase mezzanine floors with no visible fasteners that are dependable, economical and easy to install. The Invisi-Loc® fastening system mounts fasteners under the mezzanine decking hiding unwanted screw holes on top. Plus, when installed with our pre-punched corrugated metal decking, installation time is reduced and potentially dangerous metal shavings are eliminated.
- 20 Invisi-Loc® fasteners are required per 4' x 8' sheet. A pneudraulic installation tool and a standard medium duty air compressor supplies the required power.
- Corrugated metal decking is pre-punched and B metal deck is fastened to the bar joists like other steel decking using drilling screws or welding.
- All pneudraulic installation tools can be rented or purchased from Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC®.
- When installed according to Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC® specifications the Invisi-Loc® Underside Fastening System carries a 10-year warranty.
Collated Screws for Corrugated Metal Deck
B-Deck screws work best in roll form beams and structural steel under 3/16" thick. Valleys less than 2- 1/2" wide may not accommodate the screw gun. Contact Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC® for additional information.
Additional Fastening Systems are available, please contact Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC® for more information.
Installation InstructionsNote: The following installation instructions are included:
- Care and Maintenance | Notes for the Installer - Page 2
- Common Installation Mistakes - Page 3
- Corrugated Metal Deck Installation Instructions - Page 4
- ResinDek® Top Side Fasteners Installation Instructions - Page 4 & 5
- ESD Grounding Screw Installation Instructions - Page 5
- Quick Start Stand-Up Screw Gun Instructions - Page 6
- Invisi-Loc® Underside Fastening System Installation Instructions - Page 7
- ResinDek® Xspan® and Xspan® FR Installation Instructions - Page 8
Care and Maintenance
Check out the photos of ResinDek® flooring panels in the photo gallery, from Warehouse Distribution Centers to Self-Storage Facilities and much more, we’ve got your floors covered!